Dough – the main product in bakery, confectionery and pasta production, as well as in the preparation of flour products in the home. In addition to flour, the test composition usually includes water or milk, yeast, salt, sugar, oil, eggs. The dough contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats, acids, salts and other substances that are in a different state. The main ingredient for baking.
Some types of dough in cooking:
- Biscuit dough – it is used mainly in the preparation of cakes, rolls and cakes.
- Pancake batter – batter, used to make pancakes.
- Yeast dough – used in the manufacture of many types of bread, pies and belyash.
- Brewed dough – used in the manufacture of cakes, including eclairs, as well as some varieties of rye and rye-wheat bread.
- Shortbread – used in the manufacture of bases for cakes, as well as various pastries and biscuits.
- Fresh dough – used in the manufacture of dumplings, pizza, chebureks and fresh cakes.
- Pastry – dough with high sugar, eggs and butter.
- Puff pastry – used in the manufacture of puffs and samsa.
- Air dough – used for making cakes, cakes.
- Sugar dough – used for decoration from dough, as well as for some types of pancakes and cookies.