Kurabiye at home
The history of the appearance of eastern cookies kurabiye is very unusual. Once the Persian sultan was robbed, and in the palace pantry there were almost no products for making sweets so beloved by the ruler. The enterprising servant did not lose his head and quickly baked cookies from what he could find, including flour, sugar, eggs and butter, and for the delicacy of taste, he flavored the dessert with saffron and decorated it with sugar powder. This simple and delicious sweetness suited the soul of the Sultan and became a permanent dish on his table. Actually, “kurabiye” is translated from Arabic as “sweetness“.
Classical Azerbaijan cookies kurabiye are made in the form of a flower with jam in the middle. Sometimes you can find a cookie in the form of a small ball or rhombus, because in every country there are their own traditions of preparing the kurabiye.
All recipes have a common basis: butter is mixed with sugar powder or sugar, egg or protein is added to the mass, wheat flour is added and necessarily spices, for example cinnamon, cardamom, cloves or vanilla. Eggs are not found everywhere, but spices are mandatory, without them, the kurabiye will not work.
In some recipes, there are other products: sour cream, starch, honey, lemon juice and peel, dried fruits, nuts and chocolate. Correctly baked cookies are very delicate and soft, has a delicate creamy taste, soft texture and delicate aroma of oriental spices.
Eastern cookies are an amazing treat. Bake this delicious dessert and add some warmth to your home tea.
- butter – 100 g;
- powdered sugar – 4 tbsp;
- egg white from a large egg – 1 pc (or 2 small proteins);
- flour – 180 g;
How to cook kurabiye
- Beat a soft butter with sugar powder until smooth.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white.
- Add the egg white in the sugar and oil mixture and mix well.
- Sift the flour, add it to the mass in small portions, add vanillin and knead the soft dough.
- Transfer the dough into a pastry bag or cellophane bag with a cut off corner.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Extrude the dough from the pastry bag in small portions so that the distance between the products is at least 1 cm.
8. Put a little jam in the center of each cookie.
9. Put the baking tray in the oven, preheated to 200 ° C, and bake 15-20 minutes until a pleasant golden crust.
10. Cool the kurabiye and serve with tea, coffee or milk. Such biscuits can be given to children in school or taken with them to work for sweet snacks.