How to eat properly
Healthy eating is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. This is a mandatory preventive measure necessary to strengthen immunity, prevent obesity, digestive and cardiovascular diseases and premature aging.
Healthy eating is important in all periods of a person’s life. The main human diseases, dependent on nutrition, are formed and develop in the middle years of active life – in 30-50 years. It is at this age that the most common eating disorders are most often observed – overeating, excessive consumption of fats and sweets, insufficient consumption of vegetables and fruits, which leads to insufficient intake of vitamins and other essential nutrients. Eating an adult able-bodied person is very important for maintaining health and longevity.
So what is proper nutrition and how to achieve it?
At the heart of a healthy eating are such principles:
- the diet should be balanced and varied. In your menu, raw fruits and vegetables must be present. They contain a large number of microelements and vitamins, than in boiled or fried. Such products not only saturate the body with nutrients, but also contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes;
- observe the drinking regime. In the absence of contraindications (kidney disease), you should drink at least two liters of fluid per day, and it is desirable that it is pure drinking water or sparkling mineral water;
- try to give preference to light foods and in limited quantities. But even if you really want something high-calorie, do not deny yourself this. Remember, that high-calorie dishes are recommended to be consumed in the morning. It is obvious that if we consume more energy with food than we expend, then in this case we gain weight. In addition, when overeating is significantly reduced performance, the body is more likely to get tired;
- do not torture yourself with debilitating diets and do not teach your body to feel hungry. With a lack of food and nutrients, the body does not heal, but perceives this situation as a difficult period, storing nutrients. Thus, weight loss does not occur, you can reverse gain weight, because the energy will be “reserved”, and not consumed.
- give preference to boiled meals, cooked steamed or baked, rather than fried foods. In cooking, use vegetable oil rather than butter or lard;
- never skip breakfast. Even if you get up early and do not have any appetite, limit yourself to something easy, because breakfast helps the body to recover from sleep and normalize metabolic processes;
- mix products correctly. When eating incompatible foods in the intestines, there are processes of putrefaction and fermentation, which always affects your well-being in a negative way;
- follow not only the number of servings, but also the quality of the consumed products. Try not to store long cooked dishes, because even in the refrigerator they inevitably occur the processes of destruction, which adversely affect the beneficial properties of food;
- eat seasonally. In summer and in spring, significantly increase the amount of plant food. Well, in winter, it will not be superfluous to add to the diet more meat and dairy products, rich in fats and proteins;
- refuse to use harmful food such as sausages, fast food, carbonated drinks, chips, margarine, mayonnaise, etc.;
- avoid excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- limit the consumption of table salt.
Remember, you need to enjoy food. This means that you need to eat what you like, without hurrying, thoroughly chewing. It is advisable to refrain during meals from watching TV, reading books, working at the computer.
It is not difficult to eat properly, the main thing is to just start. Very soon you will get used to a new, healthy diet and will be able to assess the positive changes that will occur with your health.